Saturday 28 June 2014

Wiring and fuse box

Thomas and I spent an hour tidying up the race car wiring so it will hopefully all sit away behind a dashboard cover, yet to be fabricated. We also  mounted the fusebox and drilled a few drain holes in the floor to get rid of excess rainwater. The BIG RED SAFETY Cut off button will sit on a panel just in front of the gear lever. 
I'm waiting now on a quote for the rollcage parts, I might be able to get them ready bent and prepared to weld straight it, which will save a lot of measuring and fettling, although it will doubtless be more expensive than bending the tubes myself. Otherwise I have a choice to make - round tube which is preferred and stronger, but a pain to work with, or square tube, which is lighter, but not as strong, although easier to work with. 




The wiring may not look the prettiest, but it is functional. I dare say there is more I could do away with, but in the absence of a wiring diagram I dare not cut out any more. I don't want to damage the ECU or immobiliser circuits, and really don't know what is what out of what is left!

No comments:

Post a Comment