Wednesday 25 June 2014

Ignition and wheel arch repair.

A little more done on the race car this morning. The wheelarch is now repaired with plate and weld, skim filled and sprayed to keep the water out. Not my usual perfect six/seven day body repair because it doesn't need to be flawless. And before anyone points out the colour match being off, yes I know, I haven't gone colour blind it was what I had on the shelf. The whole car will get a flash over once it's complete, so colour isn't important right now, just sealing it from the elements. The other pics show the new location of the ignition switch, with the new bracket welded to support it. Other jobs today included welding two additional anchors on the trailer for lashing the car down in transit. I have also cunningly recycled the old seatbelt mounting rails which will become the rear most anchor points on the trailer. Clever huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment