Wednesday 21 January 2015

Under pressure

The title sort of reflects the fact that the new season starts in just over six weeks and at present I still don't have a car ready.
But I think I have finally diagnosed the problem. The wiring is all replaced and correct but the car will only tick over for a few seconds and refuses to rev at all. This strongly suggests that not enough fuel is getting through. A quick check on the fuel pump and my original bargain buy proves to be a bit of a error. Somewhere in translation (I bought from China - big mistake) 0.3 Bar has become 3 Bar. The Micra fuel system runs at 2.5 bar, so a 3 bar pump is just fine, but one that can only provide a tenth of the fuel required is not. No wonder the poor thing wouldn't run, I had it on a weightwatcher diet. The new part should arrive Friday from a reputable UK supplier, and I expect the engine will then roar like a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment